“Everything can be taken from a man but …the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
When was the last time that you focused on how great you are? Many of us are so stuck in a cycle of disappointment, self-doubt, frustration, and overwhelm that we forget to look at ourselves in a positive light. As the quote above tells us…we do have a choice. We are all Great in some way. You will never achieve Greatness unless you first choose to be Great.
Here are 3 ways to Find, Choose, and Cultivate your Greatness:
- Find Your Greatness
- Figure out where your strengthens and talents lie
- Take a strengths finder test
- Make a list of things that your friends, family and colleagues frequently ask you for help with
- Consider the things you are passionate about and love to do
- Choose To Be Great
- Decide to Dream Big
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- Step out of your comfort zone and try new experiences
- Believe that you can achieve your dreams
- Be fearless in your pursuits
- Cultivate Your Greatness
- Take Action Now!
- Surround yourself with people who support your dreams
- Create an environment that reflects your passion
- Build a collection of affirmations to keep you focused on the positive
- Practice and play at what you are Great at
- Give yourself permission to have FUN!
Remember, you can choose to focus on what’s wrong with you and your life – or you can choose to focus on What’s Great About You!